Friday 16 September 2011

Fifteen Things Every Woman Should Own

If I could pack a little goodie bag and give it to every woman in the world, here's what it would contain:

1. Spice Lip Pencil from MAC.

(image via olimpiamais.blogspot.com)

A gorgeous colour and it suits all skintones. Many people are apprehensive about lip pencil's but they are my favourite product for the lips. I apply it to my lips with a light hand then go over with tinted lipbalm. Nice and natural!

2. American Apparel Four-Way Stretch Hig-Waist Jeans.

(image via zanitazanita.blogspot.com)

I'm not a big fan of jeans and find it ridiculously hard to find a pair that fits me well due to having such a small waist and a large hip-to-waist ratio. These are the ONLY pair of jeans I wear, I've had my black pair for two years and they are still going strong. The high waist is perfect and so flattering. I'd die without them... all four pairs I own.

3. Frizz Ease from John Frieda.



A life saver for me. It stops me from looking like Sideshow Bob.

4. Lincoln Park After Dark Nail Polish from OPI.



Its a gorgeously vampy blackish-purple colour that I wear I daily. Taylor Jacobson, Rachel Zoe's former assistant, is a big fan of it too.

5. Ruby Woo Lipstick from MAC.



The perfect red lipstick. If you like a darker red lip; try 'Charred Red' or 'Sin' from the MAC Pro Store.

6. Noir Eyeshadow from Laura Mercier.



I have searched high and low for the best black eyeshadow that money can buy and this is it! Its the blackest of blacks and it stays firmly put. It gets no better.

7. False Lash Effect Mascara from YSL in 'Noir Radical'.



I'd spent my last £20 on this without a doubt. I love love love it!

8. Skincare from Kiehl's.



I can't recommend a specific product because what will work for you is dependant on your skin type but in my opinion, Kiehls is the best skincare brand out there. I have skin that gets horribly oily and I also have eczema but Kiehls 'Yerba Mate Tea' line has truly worked wonders for me.

9. Lita's from Jeffrey Campbell.



Easy to walk in, sky high lace-up ankle boots. These come in a bazillion colours (click here) and have quickly become a wardrobe staple for fashion lovers everywhere! Grab them while you can!

10. Sheer Finish Pressed Powder from Bobbi Brown.



Perfection! Keeps my skin nice and matte without looking heavy. I don't wear a foundation because I've tried a million from loads of different brands and can't find a match, so I usually just pop on concealer then dust this over my face.

11. See Sheer Lipstick from MAC.

(image via temptalia.com)

The perfect everyday lip colour. Its a sheer, natural pink that suits every skintone. Its beautiful worn over the 'Spice' pencil.

12. Eyebrows from MAC.



The best eyebrow pencil on the market! I'm not a fan of using powder on the brows because I think it can look messy and fury, no matter how clean the edges are, so instead I use this gorgeous waxy, twist-up pencil to fill in my eyebrows.

13. Desire Blush from NARS.

(image via mysurfergirl.info)

The perfect pink blush. It looks scarily bright in the pan but its a nice natural flush of pink if used with a light hand. Nice for everyday.

14. Double-Layer Maxi Skirt from American Apparel.

(image via http://blogs.lexpress.fr/cafe-mode/2010/09/21/la-theorie-de-lourlet/)

Haven't found a more gorgeous Maxi Skirt in all my born days! It comes in array of colours, sits on the waist and ends at the ankle. I wore the black version of this skirt out the other day and was stopped by a bunch of different people asking where its from! Its so flattering, I love it!

15. Fast Stroke Eyeliner in Black from Collection 2000.



I don't wear drugstore makeup because I have sensitive skin and from experience; its mostly trash, BUT this is amazing. There's no smudging, its easy to apply, easy to remove and its a true black.

Honorable Mentions: All of the bodysuits from American Apparel. Black Peeptoe Wedges from Topshop. Superslick Liquid Eyeliner from MAC. Leather Biker Jacket from Topshop. Converse All Stars. 'Gucci Guilty' Perfume by Gucci.

bloglovin

1 comments:

Alona Rojos said...

"The only abnormality is the incapacity to love." ~ Anais Nin

Post a Comment

 

King Of The Kool Kids © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness